Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Christmas gifts and too much drugstore spending

No, but really take my wallet while I am sleeping someone! If I see it happen I just might bite you though. In all seriousness though, I would like to thank those of you who gave me some of these items as gifts. You're too kind! No, I did not take this incredible photo. My wonderful brother did. :)
We will start in the left hand corner with the Covergirl Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder. This was  recommended to me by S, and so far we are getting along well. It doesn't keep me shine free all day, but it comes close. Moving on to the foundation with red cap, we have the infamous Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation. After hearing countless British Beauty Bloggers rave about it, I had to get my hands in it. Unfortunately, it is unavailable in the US, however sometimes it is available on asos or Amazon. I do not recommend Amazon as this took three weeks to arrive and got lost twice. However, I do highly recommend this foundation. It's lightweight, dewy, smells like fruit in a good way, and cover redness well. I would say this is light to medium coverage depending on how you apply it. The shades are rather yellow and this is almost too dark for me even though it is the lightest shade. I, fortunately do have more yellow undertones so it works pretty well for me, though I can't say those of you with pink undertones will be a very good shade match. It does glide over the face pretty well, though it doesn't float over my very large pores. Then again, what does? Next, just above the foundation in the white bottle, we have the This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray. While I am absolutely in love with the scent, I wish I could smell it more on my actual pillow. Are three sprays too few? I am rationing it because this is also unavailable in the US except it is on Amazon  and it  actually did arrive on time! Moving on just below that is the Covergirl eyeshadow in the shade Champagne. This is the perfect highlight for eyes, I've even used it on my cheeks! My one complaint is that Covergirl is wickedly awful when it comes to packaging. It's so cheap and it breaks so easily. I know, it really shouldn't bother me as much as it does! Just below that we have the Naked Basics Palette. This was a Christmas gift from S, and I'm absolutely addicted to using it! My favorite shade is Naked 2, heck, it's probably my favorite matte eyeshadow ever!  Scattered around are the Real Techniques Duo Fiber Brushes, the softest brushes I've ever owned. Limited addition alert people!!  And front and center is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12Hour Blush in the shade Tipsy. This blush is the perfect balance of peach and pink. It gives me a natural looking flush that lasts all day. Below is the Revlon Lipgloss in the shade Berry Allure, this isn't too sticky and is plummy in all the right places. Moving on we have the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks in the shades Fire & Ice, Mauve it over, and Cherries in the snow . All are lovely.  In between those is the Korres LipButter in the shade Wild Rose. The perfect rosey lip. And in the very large jar in the Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia Body Cream. Heavenly! And finally just above that is the Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. Another addiction! Phew, thank you for bearing with me through all of that. What are your favorites Christmas Gifts you received?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS