Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Catching Fire Nails

This blog post is inspired by one of my favorite books,  Catching Fire. C and I are going to the midnight premiere tomorrow and I thought I should paint my nails to get in the spirit. This nail art incorporates the colors of fire and my love for Peeta Mellark.
Size of lines can change depending on how
Long or your nails are.

Supplies:
Makeup sponge
Red nail polish
Orange nail polish
Yellow nail polish
Clear coat
stickers of your choice (optional)

Directions:
First, take your clean makeup sponge and paint a thin strip of the colors in whichever order you choose. ( I chose to paint red at my tips, orange in the middle, and yellow at the base of my nail) Next, take the sponge with those colors and pat it on your nail. (yes, this is messy so don't sweat about it! We will deal with that mess later). Reapply those colors for every nail. If you want a soft, light color you may only have to pat it once while if you want stronger, bolder colors you might need to repeat on your nails 2-3 times. Once you have the color to the intensity you choose, follow with a base coat to smooth out the applied colors and add shine. If you so choose, you can add decoration as I did. I choose to add the words "I love" on my left hand and "Peeta" on my right. To achieve these words I took small scrapbook stickers and placed them on my wet topcoat. To ensure they stay on, I put one last layer of topcoat on top. Lastly, take a Qtip dipped in nail polish remover and clean up the edges of your nail and any polish on your skin. Have fun creating this look and, MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!
                                                                          Love,
                                                                                 S!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS