Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Funday!

Hi guys, this post is kinda mishmoshed(is that a word? we can make it a thing) together, so lets get started. Yesterday at Target I picked up two new lip products. The first is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten.  Oh my word, where to begin. I first heard mixed reviews about this product, but after discovering Essiebutton(my favorite youtuber) and hearing her rave about them, I decided I had to try them out myself.

I am extremely impressed by this stain! When I first put it on I noticed how smooth it is. Revlon named this product well. It has the soft, hydrating texture of a lip balm in a lasting stain. The color of Smitten is gorgeous! Its the perfect berry hue against my alabaster skin, I'm sure it would look good on almost anyone! It truly does last, for around an insane amount of time. Even after a full night's sleep my lips were still somewhat pigmented. This product does have a scent. In my opinion, it smells exactly like the green, slightly minty latex gloves my orthodontist wears. I don't have a problem with the scent because you can only smell it in the actual crayon, not when you are wearing it. I also love that this is a crayon, much more convenient than some other packaging.   I would definitely buy this product again.
For a more detailed review of these, go to   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrRZ4I4Z9Q Essiebutton is AWESOME! 









The second product I picked yesterday is the L'Oreal Paris  Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Lilac Ever After. Unfortunately, you can't win 'em all and this product has not impressed me so far. I thought it would be a good dupe of the YSL Glossy  Stains, but this product leaves my lips feeling sticky, not cushiony. I love the shade, just not the feel on my lips. The stain does last a good amount of time, but not as long as the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable.
 

                                            (the color swatched on someone else) 
This last lip product is also by Revlon (sensing a pattern?) its the Super Lustrous Shine Lipstick in Lovers Coral. I purchased this product at Ulta two weeks ago and was shocked. I usually hate lipstick, it settles into the lines of my lips and is way too dry for my taste. BUT this is different, its soft and sheer and doesn't settle into lines. The color is the perfect orangey pink and glides on like butter. 



Last, but not least, I decided to make my own lemon and honey body scrub. Here is the recipe: 
1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup olive oil, Juice of 1 lemon, 1 tbsp honey. This scrub will leave your skin soft, and supple. The olive oil creates a nice moisturizer that quickly absorbs after rinsing of the rest of the scrub. Bonus; the lemon and honey makes this scrub smell amazing! Have a great week everyone! Don't forget to count your blessings and thank those around you for all that they do. :) 

Love C!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS