Wednesday, November 6, 2013

C's Fall Favorites

My Fall Favorites
Boots, scarves, crunchy leaves. No wonder fall is so romantic! This crisp, cool time of year is always inspiring to me. So, here are some of my favorite things about fall.
*All opinions are my own. None of these companies know who I am. Please keep in mind that my complaints may not be an issue for you. Every consumer is different.

Boots. These are, perhaps, the best style of shoe. They are versatile, comfortable, and warm. Most fall days see me wearing skinny, or even boot-cut, jeans tucked into some brown leather boots. I am a big fan of Steve Madden and currently own his Candence Leather Boots in Cognac.The amount of compliments I received on these boots was insane. I purchased them two years ago and was one of the few wearing them. The fall after I had puchased mine, everyone had a pair, they are a hit! Unfortunately, these are no longer available and have been replaced by the Craave Boot(such an odd name, especially for a shoe, right?). While the two are very similar, the Craave has a buckle on the back that I am not too keen on. Also the cognac Craave boot is darker than The Candence Boot in Cognac.
The Candence Boot (discontinued)                         The Craave Boot (currently available)
                     













I also love combat boots right now. I own the Steve Madden Troopa Boot in Brown. They offer many colors to choose from. I love the heel on these boots. Originally I was unsure about a medium sized heel because I am almost 5' 9'' as it is. However, they do not make me look like an Amazon, they are comfortable and versatile and pair well with almost anything. My only complaint is that you must be careful around surfaces that could, potentially, scratch the leather on these boots. After having them for a week, I was climbing some concrete steps and the toe of both boots was scraped and showed a small white line on each boot. Lesson learned, don't walk too close to the steps. I do still wear them, the lines are hardly noticeable to others.









My latest fall shoe is the Hunter Wellington Boot. Hunter has been around since World War I, thats right Downton Abbey fans Matthew probably wore a pair in the trench. These are made to be worn in the rain, they are all natural rubber. Mine are the Tour Packable Boot, the only difference between mine and the original is that the Tour bends and is great for packing in suitcases. I did notice that the shade of green the Tour is offered in is slightly different from either shades of green that the Original boot comes in. My advice, find a store that carries these and try them on in person. This way you know what size you need, these boots run small, what color you like, and whether you want the Original or the Tour. I almost ordered mine online. Thankfully, I went to Nordstrom and tried them on instead. Originally, I had thought I would be better off with the original. I was skeptical about the durability of the Tour. However, upon trying on the original, I found them to be a little too stiff for my taste. I then tried on the Tour and found them to be extremely comfortable and not at all flimsy. I love my pair and know you will too!










Fall items: Bath & Body Works Slatkin & Co. three wick candle in Leaves
This candle smells just like fall. Crisp, crunchy leaves accompany fresh apples and a hint of spice. Everything comes together beautifully!








Tea Forte Sweet Orange Spice (loose): This just may be my favorite tea of all time. If you are a cinnamon fan this tea is your new best friend. Spicy cinnamon and zesty orange flow together to create the perfect fall blend.









OPI in Russian Navy: Navy blue and I go way back. This deep, sultry beauty is flecked with just enough glimmer and beautiful indigo nuances.















Statement Necklaces: I'm always impressed by anyone who can find a way to make bright colored jewelry work for fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS