Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins

   I am a sucker for anything fall related, wether it be a scented candle from Bath and Body Works or boots and a chunky knit sweater. I have to admit, my weakness is pumpkin. Anything pumpkin. Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin hand soap, Pumpkin candles, Pumpkin face masks, and anything edible that has pumpkin in it. About a year ago, my mom made me some Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins and I absolutely fell in love. The recipe is quick and simple to make causing me to always crave them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Ingredients:
  • ½ cup butter, softened
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin 
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon 
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1¾ cups flour 
  • 1 c. butterscotch chips (or you can use chocolate chips)
Directions:
In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.  Beat in eggs. Mix until light and fluffy.  Stir in 1 cup of pumpkin.  Add cinnamon and Pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Mix thoroughly .  Stir in flour.  Fold in butterscotch chips.  Scoop into prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle some extra butterscotch chips on top and bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes. This recipe makes around 12-15 muffins so I am always doubling it!
ENJOY!                                                                                                                ~S

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS