Sunday, October 27, 2013

E.L.F beauty steals


When on the hunt for my new products to add to my beauty collection I think of two things, how cheap is the product and is the brand good quality? Luckily, last year I discovered the makeup line E.L.F (which stands for eyes.lips.face). Elf not only has affordable products (usually $1-$6) but also good quality products. Below are my E.L.F beauty steals that I have collected over the last year. All opinions are my own and each product experience is unique for different people.

EYES
        1)    Liquid Eyeliner ($1)
This is a must have product. It is not only easy to create a thin line but also build up the product to create a thick line.  This is a perfect liquid liner for beginners and pros, easy to apply and correct any mistakes. The only problem I have found with this product is after 5 hours or so it starts to rub off and you may feel the need to reapply. It is easy to take off with makeup wipes at the end of the day. Overall this is an amazing product I will buy over and over.
        2)    Mineral Eyeshadow primer ($3)
         If you have been cursed with oily lids like I have this is the perfect primer for you. I find without a primer my eyeshadow stays halfway through the day (around 5 hours), creasing afterwards. After using this product, my eyeshadow stays for about 10 hours, not creasing a bit. This product is best used on a day-to-day basis. This product keeps my eyeshadow in place all day. You will definitely find me buying this product in the future.
        3)    Eyelash Curler ($1)
Unfortunately my eyelashes grow straight out so I am always trying to find ways to keep my eyelashes curled. Once applying 2 coats of mascara, I whip this bad-boy out, hold the curler on my eyes for 10 seconds and voila! Perfect for that extra oomph you need to finish off your makeup look. And did I mention it was only $1!
FACE
        4)    Tone Correcting Concealer ($1)
         Diamonds are considered girl’s best friend and dog man’s best friend. I consider concealer my best friend. Concealer can work wonders and can be used for many different purposes. You can correct those unwanted blemishes, under eye circles, red marks, and dark spots. Once blended, you will have a flawless face. The problem I usually run into is the formula caking on my face but this formula is perfect. Coming in 7 colors, there is a shade for everyone to be content. This product is also best used on a daily basis.
        5)    Studio High Definition Powder ($6)
Though I just picked up this product a week ago, I can assure you it is well worth the $6 dollars. At first I was a little weary to buy this product due to it being the most expensive E.L.F product I have bought. Not only does your skin feel like a baby’s butt after application, you can tell your face looks glowing and radiant, with or without foundation underneath.
LIPS
        6)    Essential Lip Stain ($2)
Though I have only tried the Essential Lip Stain in Pink Petal, I have fallen in love. This lip stain stays on for about 3 hours. You can build up coverage by starting with light, almost sheer pink, and ending with a bubblegum pink. This product does dry your lips out so I pair it with Burt’s Bees Pink Blossom Tinted Lip Balm. If you are more daring, you could try Essential Lips Stain in the color Nude Nectar (Orangey Red color), Berry Blush (Berry Plum color), and Crimson Crush (Deep Red color)

All in all, E.L.F is a quality brand with quality products. Around half my makeup supply is E.L.F but I just shared my favorite beauty steals in each category today.
                                          ~S
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS